ARKLEMS database provides methodology and series for the following variables: Capital Stock and Capital Service Input for Produced Assets and Natural Resource by asset type and industry.
Taking into account the EUKLEMS experience, the capital workpackage of the ARKLEMS project presents a disaggregation of the main variables in different asset categories: ICT (information and communications technologies: computers, software, communications equipment), Transport Equipment, Residential Construction, Non Residential Construction, Other machinery and equipment. The estimations are both in terms of net capital and as capital service input for each of the categories and by industry.
Some special capital measurement topics are analyzed: hedonic valuation, ICT capital, the treatment of residential capital stock, econometric estimation of capital goods depreciation, public infrastructure, among others.
Considering special features of the Argentine Economy, capital workpackage also includes the methodology and series of natural resources: agricultural land and subsoil assets, in terms of both the net capital or wealth and productive services.
- Coremberg (2008): “Depreciation of Durable Goods in an Unstable Economy: The Case of Argentina” Presented in The 2008 World Congress On National Accounts And Economic Performance Measures For Nations
- Coremberg (2007): “Capital Services In Argentina”.OECD-Canberra Group II On Measurement on Non-Financial Assets Paper for discussion at the 2nd Meeting, 10-13 October 2003, Chateau dela Muette, Paris-Salle4.
- Ball, V. E.; Butault, J.P.; San Juan, C. (2004): “Measuring Real Capital Input in OECD Agriculture,” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 351-370, November 2004
- Mas, Matilde, Perez, Fransisco and Uriel, Ezequiel (2005): El Stock y Los Servicios del Capital en España (1964-2002). Nueva Metodología. Fundacion BBVA, Bilbao, España
- Mas, Matilde y Quesada, Javier (2005b): “Las Nuevas Tecnologías y el Crecimiento Económico en España”. Fundación BBVA
- OECD (2009): Measuring Capital Mannual 2nd Edition
- O’Mahony, Mary and Marcel P. Timmer (2009), “Output, Input and Productivity Measures at the Industry Level: the EU KLEMS Database”, Economic Journal, 119(538), pp. F374-F403
- Stiroh, K. (2002): “Are ICT Spillovers Driving the New Economy?”, Review of Income and Wealth Series 48, Nº 1, March, 2002